Eclipse Days August 19-21, 2017
A Total Solar Eclipse is coming to our area in August! The next eclipse that spans the United States will be in 2045 and not go through Oregon, so don’t miss this opportunity to witness this awesome event. A total eclipse is when the moon passes in between the sun and the earth and as the moon ‘moves’ across the face of the sun, its very thin shadow passes along a “path” on the ground. You have to be in that path in order to see the “total” eclipse. If you’re outside it, you’ll only get to see a partial eclipse (boring!) — and if you’re just barely outside the path, you’ll see a very deep partial eclipse — but even that is not anything you’d necessarily want to leave your desk at work to see! The center of the path is near Madras, and Madras is one of the best spots for viewing the eclipse due to the high probability of clear skies. We are only a few miles from the path which makes it a great place to stay leading up to the eclipse! You also need to have special glasses for looking at the sun, which we will have a limited supply for purchase.
Lodging Check-in Saturday: 4:00 pm. Check-out Monday: 3:00 pm. (Tuesday check-out: 11:00 am.)
Click the Map images below to view placement of cabins, RV sites and the facility layout.
- Cabin: $195 (Add Monday night $85) (Premium cabins listed below with rates)
- RV: Full: $170, Partial: $135 (Add Monday night $75/$55)
- Tent area: $120 (Add Monday night $50)
Premium Cabins (linens for queen beds included)
- #8-Cottage: 2 rooms each with a queen bed, very small room with a cot (bedding needed) and 1 full bathroom in cabin. Amenities included: small fridge, microwave and small couch. $395 (Add Monday night $165)
- #9-Ephesus: 1 queen bed. This cabin has A/C and a mini fridge, no bathroom in cabin. $250 (Add Monday night $100)
- #10-Jericho: 1 queen bed and 2 bunk beds (4 beds-bedding needed), no bathroom in cabin. $250 (Add Monday night $100)
Cabins $195 (dry cabins, bunk-bed style, no linens)
We are a youth camp focused facility so we have dry cabins that are bunk-bed style. The doors do not lock, so valuables should be locked in vehicles (Camp Morrow is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items). There are two joined cabins with a wall dividing the two cabins. Below are the details for each cabin.
- #1-Tyre: 10 beds. Joined cabin with a dividing wall to separate from cabin #2.
- #2-Sidon: 10 beds. Joined cabin with a dividing wall to separate from cabin #1.
- #3-Joppa: 10 beds.
- #4-Hebron: 10 beds.
- #5-Capernaum: 10 beds.
- #6-Bethany: 10 beds.
- #7-Cana: 10 beds.
- #11-Corinth: 10 beds. Joined cabin with a dividing wall to separate from cabin #12.
- #12-Athens: 10 beds. Joined cabin with a dividing wall to separate from cabin #11.
- #13-Antioch: 10 beds.
- #14-Philippi: 10 beds.
- #15-Nineveh: 10 beds.
- #16-Tarsus: 12 beds.
RV Sites $170 full hook-up/$135 electric/water only
- #1-#5: 5 pull-through, full-hook ups sites.
- #6: 30’ back-in site. Electric and water available.
- #7: 60’ back-in site. Electric and water available.
Tent area $120
- You may set up a tent on the grass in the cabin areas or on the field.
- Mini Golf (9 holes)
- 9 hole disc golf
- Sand volleyball court
- Outdoor asphalt basketball court
- Boating (Kayaks and canoes)
- Swimming in Pine Hollow Reservoir
- Game deck (pool table, ping-pong, Carpetball, Foosball)
- Camp Store will be open limited hours (soft-serve ice cream cones, candy, soda, etc.)
- Walking trails
- Sunday Morning chapel service, all are invited (no childcare)
- Sunday Evening Eclipse session (information about the eclipse)
Local Dining options (there is no food available at the camp other than some snacks from our camp store which will be open for a couple hours each day. There are picnic tables by the waterfront available to use).
- Anglers Restaurant (Pine Hollow, 3 miles away)
- Sportsman’s Pub-n-Grub (Wamic, 4 miles away)
- Wamic Deli (Wamic, 3 miles away)
- Molly B’s (Tygh Valley, 10 miles away)
- Maupin Restaurants (25 minute drive): Imperial, Henry’s Deli, Riverside, The Oasis
- The Dalles (45 minute drive): various restaurants from fast food to sit down
Call the office if you have any questions, 541.544.2971.